Special meetings were held at Barney Silberts store and the Park Hotel. Among the men at the meetings were Gordon Squires, R.W. Baguley, W. Watkins, Ken Allen, Ken Ingram, Joe McGuiness, Dr E.R. Dermer, Doug Tonkin, and Mr Hudson Taylor.
The club had a long history within the Rugby Union being an original club in 1882 before taking up Victorian Rules. In 1928 a Rugby Union competition was organised and Fremantle reformed with Gordon Squires and Dr Dermer the main organisers.
In 1948 they joined the new Western Australia Amateur Rugby League association.
They took on the Roosters emblem, the Red, white and Blue hoops, and played initially out of Hilton Park before moving to Gibson Park in the 1950's.